Ireland Used Household Goods and Personal Effects
- Copy of passport
- Packing list
- Transfer of residency 1(TOR 1) – PPS declaration document
- Express release / air waybill (AWB)
- Documentary evidence of residence abroad for at least 12 months
- Two original copies of utility bills. (Electricity bill and a bank statement will do. Must not be older than 12 months).
- Proof of residence in Ireland (2 forms)
- Copy of property lease, rental agreement, or purchase in Ireland
- Resident / work permit / letter of employment
- Travel itinerary returning to Ireland / copy of flight confirmation / copy of boarding pass
- Letter from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs Protocol Section
- All goods should be in the ownership of the owner of the goods for at least 12 months prior to import.
- Required documents must be received by the agent prior to the arrival of the shipment to minimize any port charges.
- Owner of the goods does not need to be present for Customs clearance.
- Owner of the goods should arrive in the country prior to the arrival of the shipment.
- Used household goods may be allowed entry on a duty and tax free basis once the TOR has been verified.
- Imports not deemed qualified as part of a TOR shipment will be subject to duty (6% to 13%) and value added tax (VAT) of approximately 23%.
- If they do not have a European Union country passport they must provide a copy of their Irish entry authorisation visa.
- Letter from the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs Protocol Section authorizing release of the consignment from the port (diplomats).
- Needs to be confirmed ahead of arriving into port as Ireland only extends the same privileges it receives in the country of origin.
- Copy of passport
- Original registration
- Original bill of lading (OBL) / air waybill (AWB)
- Copy of current insurance certificate (copy of previous policy documentation is acceptable if no current insurance is in effect)
- Bill of sale showing date of purchase and price
- The OBL must include the chassis number, engine number, color, model, make, and weight of the vehicle.
- Vehicles brought into Ireland under TOR rules are not subject to duty or tax.
- The duty rate on vehicles imported outside of the TOR protocol is 23% VAT of the cost, insurance, and freight (CIF) value, and the vehicle registration tax is payable up to 35% of the vehicle value.
- In order to avoid unnecessary delays and charges for demurrage and storage due to lengthy Customs procedures, the agent must receive a copy of the required documentation prior to arrival of the shipment.
- Check with agent for specific details.
- Motor vehicles must be in the owners name for at least 6 months to be eligible for duty and VAT free import.
- Only one vehicle per person may be imported.
- Vaccination record
- Veterinary health certificate
- Pet passport
- Pets arriving from outside of the European Union must be pre-booked and pass through the Quarantine Station at Dublin airport.
- Prior approval from the Department of Agriculture must be received prior to import.
- 6-month quarantine is not required if the following conditions met:
- Proof of rabies vaccination and follow up showing effective (6 months after inoculation),
- Health certificate,
- Electronic microchip.
- Pets arriving from within the European Union can usually enter without prior approval or examination at a Quarantine Station.
- Alcohol is subject to duties (variable according to type, strength, etc.) and VAT (23%).
- A declaration form is needed prior to arrival of the container and should be loaded at rear of the container for easy access if examination is required.
- New furniture and household goods (items purchased within 6 months of the date of shipping are subject to customs duties and VAT of 23%).
- Meat products
- Live plants
- Endangered species and any products or parts thereof as outlined by CITES (authorization from CITES is required)
Recommended: Contact the destination agent to ensure all requirements have been met prior to import, especially for differences regarding air / sea shipments.
Get A Free Quote
RAS Removals Group - Unit 201 Northwest Business Park, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
+353 1 9631250
Terms & Conditions
GDPR Request Data